The Flatbush Seventh-day Adventist School is operated with the highest Christian Standards and ideals. Although no religious test is applied to those who apply for admission, the school has for its definite purpose the development of spiritual ideas. Therefore, no practices or influence will be permitted which would mitigate against the attainment of this objective in character training of students attending the school.
EVERY EFFORT WILL BE MADE TO STIMULATE STUDENTS TO WORTHY SCHOLASTIC ENDEAVOR AND CONSISTENT CHRISTIAN LIVING, BUT THE SCHOOL BOARD WILL NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE NOT IN SYMPATHY WITH ITS ANNOUNCED PURPOSES, OR WHOSE BEHAVIOR IS INCONSISTENT WITH THE SCHOOLS’ REQUIREMENTS. ALL STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO OBEY ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE SCHOOL. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN SUSPENSION OR DISMISSAL FROM THE SCHOOL.
Causes For Suspension
- Failure to present authorized written excuse after being absent.
- Failure to wear uniform without written excuse from parents.
- Instigating or participating in fights.
- Leaving the school without permission.
- Tampering with or damaging school property.
- Theft of any kind.
- Wearing of colored lipstick, eye shadow, colored or frosty nail polish any other gaudy artificial cosmetics; jewelry, such as earrings, rings, necklaces, bracelets or any jewelry to school.
- Use of profane, indecent language, indulging in loud conduct or possession of obscene literature or pictures.
- Using gambling devices.
- Possession of weapons. The offense will be cause for suspension; a second offense will be cause for dismissal.
Dismissal From School Could Result From
- Three (3) suspensions acquired.
- Striking a teacher.
- Use of and/or handling, and/or possession of, and/or dispensing harmful, stimulants, intoxicants, narcotics, cigarettes of similar substances in any form.
- Having in one’s possession guns or any implements of physical force.
- Disseminating immoral ideas or undermining religious ideals of school or continuous criticism and faultfinding.
THE DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE SHALL INTERPRET CONSTANT AND OBSTINATE VIOLATION OF ANY REGULATION, DEFIANCE AND INSUBORDINATON TO ANY MEMBERS OF THE STUFF, OR REFUSAL TO MEET ACADEMIC REQUIREMENT S AS GROUNDS FOR DISMISSAL OF STUDENT.
Procedure For Student Suspension and Return
- A conference with the parent and student is scheduled.
- Parent, student, and school mutually agree upon a plan of action.
- School and parent monitor implementation of the plan.
- At the end of the suspension the child must be accompanied by the parent/guardian to the office.
ALL DISMISSALS WILL BE HANDLED BY THE DISCIPLINARY .COMMITTEE AND SCHOOL BOARD.
Sexual harassment is defined as unwelcome sexual advancement, request for sexual favors, and other verbal and physical conduct of a sexual nature.
Sexual harassment may include a wide range of behaviors. It can include:
- Jokes or remarks that are derogatory to members of one sex.
- Intentionally touching a person on the breast, legs, or any other part of the body considered being private.
- Displaying material that is sexually degrading, in public where seeing is unavoidable.
- Pressuring someone to have sex in return for a favor.
Sexual harassment is a serious offense. Anyone who is found guilty after thorough investigation will be sent to the Disciplinary Committee.